Recipe for Grilled Halibut with Basil Vinaigrette (And Ten More Ideas for Using Basil Vinaigrette)

I think Basil Vinaigrette is one of the best things about summer, and it's perfect spooned over Grilled Halibut.  Make this dressing with pesto if it's not fresh basil season.

Grilled Halibut with Basil Vinaigrette

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions in June 2013.)  For many summers now I've been infatuated with Basil Vinaigrette, which I love to eat drizzled over tomatoes or grilled vegetables.  I first posted this Grilled Halibut with Basil Vinaigrette as an idea for using leftover basil vinaigrette, but this combination is so wonderful that I'd make basil vinaigrette just so I could cook this.  The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for a week or a little longer, so check after the recipe for other ideas for using it.

Click to continue reading