Vietnamese Cabbage Salad with Chicken and Cilantro

Vietnamese Chicken Salad
This Vietnamese Cabbage Salad is perfect to make with leftover chicken, and I love that the dressing has no oil!

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, June 2013.)    Way back in 2007, Glenna from A Fridge Full of Food posted a recipe for Vietnamese Cole Slaw, and the minute I saw the recipe, I knew I'd be making some version of it.  Glenna had a Vietnamese co-worker who told her that in Vietnam the dressing for this type of salad would never contain oil, and I love the light but highly flavored dressing here that includes fish sauce, rice vinegar, and lime juice.  And since I have a hard time walking by those rotisserie chickens at Costco without having one jump into my cart, I'm always looking for salads ideas to use the leftover chicken.  With the light dressing, chicken, radishes, and crunchy cabbage, I think this Vietnamese Cabbage Salad with Chicken and Cilantro is perfect for summer.

Click to continue reading