Sauteed Zucchini Recipe with Spinach and Basil Pesto (And Ten More Meatless Ideas for Amazing Zucchini)

Sauteed Zucchini with Spinach and Basil Pesto
Zucchini is quickly sauteed in garlic-flavored oil, and then mixed with a small amount of Spinach and Basil Pesto for a perfect summer side dish.

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, June 2013.)  A few days ago I shared the updated recipe for Spinach and Basil Pesto and this delicious recipe for Sauteed Zucchini with Spinach and Basil Pesto is one great way to use the delicious pesto.  If you're growing a vegetable garden, you probably don't have any zucchini yet, but bookmark this recipe now so you can find it in August when the zucchini are in overdrive.  I don't have zucchini planted at my new house this year, so I'll be visiting the farmer's market in my new town to satisfy that zucchini craving.  For those of you who are lucky enough to have a garden, you can never have too many zucchini recipes, so check after the main recipe for some more zucchini dishes I've enjoyed.

Click to continue reading