Spicy Chicken Salad Recipe with Sugar Snap Peas, Cucumber, Red Bell Pepper, and Basil

Spicy Chicken Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Cucumber, Red Bell Pepper, and Basil
I love every ingredient in this Spicy Chicken Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Cucumber, Red Bell Pepper, and Basil, but it's the spicy peanut butter dressing that really makes this good!

(Updated with improved photos and step-by-step instructions, June 2013.)  When I taught school I had a Friday-night routine of stopping at Costco, where I'd pick up rotisserie chicken for dinner and then over the weekend I'd use the leftover chicken in a variety of dishes.  Even now that I'm working at home, I still love those rotisserie chickens, and since I've indulged in this rotisserie chicken fondness so many times, I've tried many variations of things to make from the leftover chicken. This Spicy Chicken Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Cucumber, Red Bell Pepper, and Basil is one of my favorites, partly because I love the spicy peanut butter dressing!  This salad is so good, whenever I make it I wish I had more leftover chicken so I could make it again right away.  I love this with regular fresh basil, but if you have Thai Basil on hand, that's even better.  I guess it's time to pick up another chicken from Costco!

Click to continue reading