Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie with Eggs and Parmesan (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This delicious Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie would make an elegant dish for any time of day.

Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie with Eggs and Parmesan found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie is a dish that would be perfect for Easter brunch. I'd love this with any variety of kale to start out the day with a healthy dose of greens.)

How do you feel about kale?  Truthfully it's something I hadn't eaten much until a few years ago when I started growing Red Russian Kale in my garden.  That sweeter and less bitter red kale turned me into a kale convert, and for years I grew both Red Russian Kale and regular dark curly kale.  Growing kale is so much fun; I loved snipping a few leaves off the kale and cooking with them.  I tried this recipe when I also had half a container of ricotta in the fridge left from something yummy, and when I searched for recipes to use ricotta and kale, I found this interesting recipe for Artichoke, Kale, and Ricotta Pie from The Kitchn. 

Click to continue reading