Slow Cooker Chicken-Andouille Stew (Gluten-Free)

A creamy slow cooker stew featuring chicken, chicken Andouille sausage, roasted red peppers, and onions.

Slow Cooker Chicken-Andouille Stew

When I shared my recipe for Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Soup, I told you about the Amylu Chicken Andouille Sausage I'd discovered at Costco, and this Slow Cooker Chicken-Andouille Stew is another recipe using Amylu's delicious gluten-free sausage in the slow cooker.   I had this sausage on the brain when I spotted a slow cooker recipe for chicken and sausage from Bakeaholic Mama on Pinterest, and I adapted that recipe, making it into a stew and adding roasted red pepper, oregano, Creole Seasoning, and reducing the chicken stock for added flavor in the sauce.  I loved the way this turned out, and enjoyed it over low-glycemic Uncle Ben's Rice to soak up the flavorful sauce, but for a lower carb meal you could eat it as a stew without the rice or serve over Cauliflower Rice; enjoy!

Click to continue reading