Recipe for Tuscan Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Garlic, Parmesan, and Herbs

Tuscan Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Garlic, Parmesan, and Herbs

Tuscan Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Garlic, Parmesan, and Herbs found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and these Tuscan Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Garlic, Parmesan, and Herbs are a great way to start out the day.  If you don't have any chives yet, thinly sliced green onions make a great topping.)

This is a dish with eggs, tomatoes, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs. Doesn't that sound like a combination that would have to taste good? Of course, I love eggs, and they're something I cook several times every week. I've made a lot of baked egg dishes in the form of breakfast casseroles or egg muffins, but eggs baked on a bed of tomato sauce was a new idea for me. I confess, the desire to cook this was partly inspired by the two little casserole dishes I found at the thrift store, and they turned out to be perfect for individual servings. But even if you cooked it in a bigger dish to share with a few people, this would make an interesting and impressive dish next time you're making brunch and want something that's a little unusual.

Click to continue reading