Coconut and Beef Curry with Noodles


I love taking my kids to the library. We live only a few blocks away, so it's easy to walk over for a morning browse of books.  My three year old heads straight for the early literacy computer to play games while my two year old runs around ripping books off the shelf.  It's great fun I tell you.  I head to the cookbook shelves and thumb through something that catches my eye while keeping an ear out for my two year old tornado.

One day I grabbed Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast, took it back to the children's section and sat on some comfy bean bag chairs while my girls leafed through some picture books beside me.  I loved Everyday Food: Great Food Fast




Perfect.  I've made this dish a couple times and it is oh so good.  Do you love Thai flavors?  Try this.  Rich sweet coconut in a spicy Thai broth...mmmmmm.  To really flavor the noodles, you have to toss them in the sauce; not just serve it up over the top.

To serve this to my kids, I keep some noodles separate and then spoon a small amount of sauce with beef and veggies over the top. Less sauce means less spicy.

Meal Ideas:

  • Coconut and Beef Curry with Noodles + Edamame
  • Coconut and Beef Curry with Noodles + Steamed Broccoli