Recipe for Leftover Chicken Chopped Salad with Red Pepper, Olives, and Feta

Tossing the diced chicken, red pepper, and olives with dressing gives this salad that extra something.

(This Recipe Favorite was updated with better photos May 2011.)  For many years it was considered poor form to cut lettuce, but then someone came up with the idea of chopped salad, and food history was made. Of course you don't really need a recipe to make chopped salad, but what makes this version memorable is the step of tossing the leftover chicken, chopped red pepper, and olives with some of the dressing before you add it to the salad.  If I'm not starving, I'll even let the chicken marinate in the dressing for a few minutes before I finish the salad.  This is something I've been making for years, whenever I have leftover Grilled Chicken or rotisserie chicken in the fridge.

Click to continue reading