Recipe for Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) with Feta, Mint, and Lemon

I think these Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas with Feta, Mint, and Lemon are perfect for Meatless Monday!

On Friday I talked about how I'm doing a weekly Meatless Monday recipe feature on BlogHer.com.  Of course this is all part of a world-wide Meatless Monday campaign designed to get people to eat less meat, both for health and for the health of the planet.  I got interested in eating less meat after my doctor recommended a book called The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health. (Apparently this is the book that convinced Bill Clinton to become a vegan.)  I don't plan to become a vegetarian, but I do love plant foods like vegetables, beans, and grains, so I thought doing the weekly spotlight on BlogHer would be a great way to nudge myself towards a few more meatless meals.

Click to continue reading