30 Minute Spicy Red Fish Stew (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo)

This 30 Minute Spicy Red Fish Stew is quick and delicious for a dinner after work.

30 Minute Spicy Red Fish Stew (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo) found on KalynsKitchen.com
(For Friday Flashbacks I feature favorite recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this 30 Minute Spicy Red Fish Stew is not only quick and easy, but this delicious stew is Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, and Paleo as well.  This is perfect for a quick meal after work and if you have reasonably good chopping skills it can be on the table in 30 minutes; hope you enjoy!)

In my family room I have a huge collection of food magazines going back about 15 years, mostly Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Fine Cooking, with some assorted issues of other publications. My magazines are arranged by month, and when a new month starts, I love to look at the past issues for that time of year to see what recipes the magazines were featuring.  I'm usually looking at magazines a few months in advance, so when I looked at magazines for May, this recipe for Spicy Red Fish Stew from Bon Appetit, May 2004, was the one that jumped out at me.

We all should be eating more fish and there are plenty of Fish and Shellfish Recipes on this blog, but my usual fish dinners are nothing like this stew where onions, tomatoes, and roasted red peppers simmer with garlic and red pepper flakes and then chunks of white fish are added to cook for just a few minutes and flavor the stew.   And wow!  This was absolutely delicious.

Click to continue reading