Cold Weather Comfort Food, Pinterest, The Oscars, and Other Things I'm Thinking About (2-23-15)

Better-Than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash with Macaroni, Tomatoes, and Ground Beef is one of my favorite cold weather comfort foods!

This has been the strangest winter I can remember, with below zero temperatures and huge piles of snow on the east coast while in Utah we've been having temperatures in the 60s for weeks now.  So for about a month now I've been feeling bad for my friends who are buried in snow, (especially my good friend Lydia, who was moving from Rhode Island to Boston right during Boston's Winter from Hell; luckily the movers she hired could handle the storm.)

Call it sympathy cravings, but even though it's warm here I've been wanting to cook cold-weather comfort food, and if it's cold where you are I think a slightly-indulgent dish like my favorite Better-Than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash with Macaroni, Tomatoes, and Ground Beef might make you feel better!  What's your favorite cold-weather comfort food?  Please tell us about it in the comments if you have a great recipe that can help us forget about the cold.


Now here are a few more things I'm thinking about . . . 


Click to continue reading