Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb Taco Bowl (Gluten-Free, Can be Paleo)

Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb Taco Bowl has all the flavors that make you love beef tacos in a spaghetti squash bowl!

Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb Taco Bowl found on KalynsKitchen.com

I seem to be on a little spaghetti squash binge at my house and if you haven't discovered the deliciousness of spaghetti squash yet, maybe this Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb Taco Bowl is going to be the recipe that gets you to try it!  I know some people think of spaghetti squash as mostly being a low-carb substitute for pasta, but personally I put it in a class all its own, and I've enjoyed it in casseroles, sauteed with vegetables, in a gratin with chard, and in a twice-baked casserole with pesto, to name just a few. 

The only hard thing about this recipe is cutting the raw squash apart before you season it and roast it.  Some people like to microwave the squash for a few minutes to make it softer, but I just hack away at it with a big knife.  I prefer roasting the squash for spaghetti squash bowls like this, because you can season the squash and the roasting process dries it out a little, but if you prefer you can cook the spaghetti squash in a slow cooker, cook it in the microwave, or cook it in a pressure cooker.

Click to continue reading