Quinoa Side Dish Recipe with Pine Nuts, Green Onions, and Cilantro (Gluten-Free, Vegan)

This Quinoa Side Dish has extra flavor from Pine Nuts, Green Onions, and Cilantro (or use flat leaf parsley if you're not a cilantro fan.)

Quinoa Side Dish Recipe with Pine Nuts, Green Onions, and Cilantro (Gluten-Free, Vegan) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Friday Flashbacks I feature favorite recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Quinoa Side Dish with Pine Nuts, Green Onions and Cilantro is a quinoa recipe that was really a wow for me.  This is also one of my easy Five Ingredients recipes; hope you enjoy!)

How do you feel about quinoa?  It's something I was slow to warm up to, and for a long time I didn't think I'd ever be much of a quinoa fan.  Then I made Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Radishes, Cucumbers, and Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette, followed by Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad and Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro and I was surprised to discover how much I liked it.  This Quinoa Side Dish with Pine Nuts, Green Onions, and Cilantro may be my favorite quinoa recipe yet.  The quinoa is sauteed in oil for a few minutes before it's cooked in chicken or vegetable stock, and then a generous amount of toasted pine nuts and chopped green onion and a little chopped cilantro is stirred in before it's eaten warm.  If you're not a cilantro lover, I think chopped flat-leaf parsley could also be used here.  And if you haven't had quinoa yet, this is a recipe you should definitely try.

Click to continue reading