Recipe for Peperoncini Chopped Salad with Romaine, Red Bell Pepper, and Feta

Peperoncini Chopped Salad with Romaine, Red Bell Pepper, and Feta
This delicious chopped salad has red bell peppers, sliced peperoncini, and feta.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.   This chopped salad with romaine lettuce, red bell pepper strips, sliced peperoncini, Feta cheese, and a dressing flavored with peperoncini brine is something I've made many times for Denny family parties since it first appeared on the blog in early 2010.)

Normally I have a routine where I try recipes, edit the photos, and add them to the list to be featured for the blog, but this salad with sliced Peperoncini, romaine, thinly sliced red bell pepper, and feta just cut right to the front of the line. The salad was a big hit when I made it for brunch at my sister Sandee's house, and I've made it twice since then for myself. What makes the flavors really rock in the salad (besides the slices of Peperoncini) is the addition of one tablespoon of Peperoncini brine to the dressing. If you like Peperoncini when you get them added to a restaurant salad, you'll definitely like this salad.

Click to continue reading