Recipe for Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin

Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin
Spaghetti Squash and Chard, mixed together in a cheesy gratin.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This Spaghetti Squash and Chard Gratin from 2009 is one of my favorite ways to cook spaghetti squash.)

Besides writing this blog, I also write about food twice a week for BlogHer.com, and recently I wrote about spaghetti squash. Of course that made me think about cooking some of my own spaghetti squash from the garden. I found great-sounding spaghetti squash recipes for the BlogHer post, but the one that inspired this recipe was Spaghetti Squash Gratin from Daily Unadventures in Cooking. Adding the chard was one of those "wonder how it would work?" experiments, but really liked the combination of spaghetti squash and chard in this cheesy gratin.

Click to continue reading