Recipe for Spicy Vegan Black Bean Soup with Cilantro and Green Tabasco

Spicy Vegan Black Bean Soup with Cilantro and Green Tabasco
This vegan black bean soup is flavorful and just spicy enough to be interesting.

I love black beans, and I love black bean soups, but this Spicy Vegan Black Bean Soup may be the best soup with black beans I've ever made.  Interestingly, it started out as a soup with ham, but when my nephew Jake and I tried it that way we both agreed that the spiciness and other flavors would come through better without the ham.  The next time we cooked we made the soup again, using vegetable broth to keep it vegan, and both of us preferred the vegan version.  I do think cilantro is a pretty important part of the flavor profile here, so if you're a cilantro hater this soup may not be for you, but if you like black beans, jalapenos, cumin, and cilantro, give this soup a try!

Click to continue reading