Healthier Irish-Inspired Favorite Recipes For St. Patrick's Day

My healthier versions of favorite Irish-American recipes to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

My healthier versions of some Irish-American favorites to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

Even if you don't have even the tiniest bit of Irish blood, you're still probably aware that next week is St. Patrick's Day, so I'm sharing my Healthier Irish-Inspired Favorite Recipes For St. Patrick's Day.  I don't remember my mom ever cooking special food for this day, but for years I loved cooking corned beef, cabbage, and soda bread for my partly Irish dad, who loved all those dishes.

But since I've been a food blogger I've learned that many foods Americans cook for this holiday are not really Irish at all.  I'm not claiming that my favorites in this post are authentic Irish recipes, but   still they're a fun way to celebrate the day.  Most of these lower-carb or lighter versions of the Irish-Americans foods that are often eaten on this day.  Enjoy!

(This collection of Healthier Irish-Inspired Favorite Recipes For St. Patrick's Day was updated March 2015 with more options and better photos.)  

Click to continue reading