Recipe for Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowl

This Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowl is just the right amount of spicy for me, but you can use less heat.

Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowl found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowl that was inspired by my good friend Jeanne is something I've made over and over.  Cut up your own cabbage or use a coleslaw mix without carrots if you're making this for Phase one.)

I love it when I get a good cooking idea from one of my favorite people, and my friend Jeanne was the brains behind this Sriracha Beef Cabbage Bowl recipe, which I've already cooked and devoured several times.  Jeanne has already made an appearance on the blog, because one of my all-time favorite salad recipes was created in honor of her wedding.  Then last summer she came for lunch to check out the new house, and I made two of my favorite recipes for her.  Jeanne had the brilliant idea to pile the meat from Quick Sriracha Beef Lettuce Wraps on top of Spicy Mexican Slaw, and this recipe was born.  The creamy coolness of the cabbage slaw is the perfect partner to the spicy Sriracha beef in this recipe; hope you enjoy!

Click to continue reading