Slow Cooker White Bean, Mushroom, and Rosemary Spaghetti Squash Bowl

Love this delicious white bean and mushroom ragout, served in a bowl over spaghetti squash!

white bean and mushroom ragout, served in a bowl over spaghetti squash

A few months ago a reader named Amy sent me this recipe for Rosemary, Mushroom, and Chickpea Ragout served over toast, and I printed the recipe and added it to my big folder of "must cook" ideas.  (Thanks Amy!)  Then a few weeks later I was flipping through my friend Stephanie's newest book 365 Slow Cooker Suppers and I noticed a slow cooker recipe with similar flavors.  So you know where this is going don't you?  I combined ideas from both those recipes, plus a few thoughts of my own, and came up with this Slow Cooker White Bean, Mushroom, and Rosemary Spaghetti Squash Bowl.  Jake and I loved this, and he also thought it was delicious served over rice if you'd prefer that to the spaghetti squash version.  Whether you eat it on toast, over rice, or in a bowl with spaghetti squash, this mushroom and bean ragout is a satisfying blend of flavors.

Click to continue reading