Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Vegan Burrito Bowl (Gluten-Free, Can Be Low-Carb)

Cauliflower rice is mixed with seasoned pinto beans, Poblano chiles, and red onions and topped with tomato-avocado salsa for a delicious vegan burrito bowl.

Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Vegan Burrito Bowl found on KalynsKitchen.com

I know about all the reasons to eat less meat, so I try hard to come up with a good Meatless Monday recipe suggestion here every Sunday.  I like the challenge of creating recipes without meat.  But admittedly, quite a few of my meatless recipes include cheese, so I'm always doubly excited when I can create a knock-your-socks-off recipe that's actually Vegan.  And this Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Vegan Burrito Bowl was absolutely amazing; Jake and I gobbled it up!

I've said it before, but I think you need to add ingredients with strong flavors to turn cauliflower rice into something that's really good, and in this recipe the beans and cauliflower rice get a big flavor boost with red onion, Poblano peppers, and Kalyn's Taco Seasoning; then the cauliflower rice and beans mixture is topped with a fresh-tasting salsa with tomatoes, avocados, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, chopped poblanos, and cumin.  Oh yeah, this was so, so good!

Click to continue reading