Kalyn's Kitchen Turns Ten Years Old (and Ten Ways Blogging Has Enriched My Life.)

Kalyn's Kitchen is celebrating ten years, and I'm reflecting on the many ways this blog has made my life better.  And if you're stopping by, thanks for your support over the last ten years!


I've always been sentimental about celebrating my blog birthdays, as well as my actual ones, and for a few weeks now I've been trying to wrap my head around the idea that this little blog of mine is now ten years old! Just like every birthday that ends in a zero, ten years of blogging seems like a milestone, and today I'm feeling grateful to all the readers, fellow bloggers, friends, and family members who have been supportive of my blog during that time.

If I tried to mention even a fraction of the people who've somehow helped with my blog, this would be a very long post indeed, but I do need to thank my brother Rand (who was the blog whisperer who got me started, and who's donated many hours of design work), and my web designer Jennette (who does all the techy behind-the-scenes stuff that I have no idea how to do.)  Kalyn's Kitchen as you know it wouldn't exist without these two talented people.

I could also write ten years worth of thank you notes to reply to faithful readers who have left comments, (here, and on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest), sent me nice e-mails, and given me just enough positive feedback on a regular basis to keep the blogging energy going.  Without readers, blogging would feel like a party where nobody showed up, and I'm thankful every day for the people who support my blog by stopping by.

Click to continue reading