Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe with Feta and Sumac (Gluten-Free, Meatless)

These Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Sumac are a perfect flavor combination!

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe with Feta and Sumac (Gluten-Free, Meatless) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Friday Flashbacks I feature favorite recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Sumac are something I've made over and over since I first posted this in 2011. In fact, I like these so much I'd even bake them in my toaster oven when it's too hot to heat up the oven! If you don't have Sumac, you can use smoked paprika or even regular paprika, but I love the interesting flavor the Sumac adds.)

I knew I'd like this recipe after I loved the Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Cups with Sour Cream, Chipotle, and Lime for a Thanksgiving side dish, and I completely swooned over these Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Sumac. I gobbled one down as soon as I had taken photos, and then the next day I couldn't wait to eat the second one for lunch. And for this easy recipe the sweet potatoes are simply baked, then the flesh is scooped out and mixed with Feta that's been marinating in a little olive oil and some spices. You could serve this as a side dish or as a meatless main dish, and if you're really watching carbs, have half of a sweet potato with a lower-carb main dish.

Click to continue reading