Kale, Bacon, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

It doesn't take a lot of bacon to add amazing flavor to this Kale, Bacon, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, and I love starting out the day with kale!


Some faithful South Beach Diet fans might be surprised to see the word bacon in the title of this Kale, Bacon, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole. Yes, bacon isn't really allowed on South Beach, and if you're one of those people who believes in following the absolute letter of the law you should use Canadian bacon or turkey bacon to make this dish.

But it only took four slices of pre-cooked bacon to give this breakfast casserole amazing bacon flavor, and I microwaved the bacon and blotted off every possible bit of the bacon fat that I could, and truly I'd have a hard time sticking to an eating plan where I couldn't eat bacon again for the rest of my life. 

Click to continue reading