Meal Plan Week 3

We made it through our week with a few scrounged up meals, but a new paycheck means a new meal plan. And with this meal plan comes Thanksgiving! My first one actually. Well, not my first Thanksgiving, but my first time cooking the meal all by myself. We usually get together with my family and my Dad goes through all the big hoopla of cooking a turkey, but not this year. This year we are staying at home and inviting my husband's Granny and Grandpa for dinner. It should be interesting. Actually I'm kind of excited. There's a recipe for brined turkey by Alton Brown that I've always wanted to try, and every holiday that warrants cooking a turkey my Dad won't step out of his comfort zone to try it, and sticks with his tried and true Pre-Stuffed Butterball. I'm out to prove him wrong this year ;)

Day 1: Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp over Lemon Salad with Baguette
I figured I'd go for a main course salad since the coming week is going to be a little rich.

Day 2: Homemade Cream of Celery & Leek Soup with Cheese Bread
My Dad's homemade soup is perfect for these cool Fall days (and celery is cheap and in-season too)

Day 3: Leftover Soup

Day 4: THANKSGIVING - Thyme-Garlic Brined Turkey, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecan/Marshmallow Streusel, Bacon-Braised Brussels Sprouts and Caramel Apple Tart.

Day 5: Leftovers
...of course...

Day 6: Spaghetti and Bolognaise Sauce
I want to make Thursday's supper quick and easy, so I'm going to brown up 1lb of ground beef, add taco seasoning to 1/3 of it and put it in a container in the fridge so it's ready for nacho night. For this supper, I'm just adding a jar of spaghetti sauce to the remaining 2/3 ground beef for a simple, quick and easy Spaghetti Bolognaise sauce. Add some onions while you are sauteing the beef, as well as extra spices like oregano, basil and garlic to give it added flavor.

Day 7: Nacho Night
This is a work day for me. My slow-cooker is on the fritz right now so I came up with another creative solution: Appetizer for Dinner night, watching a movie with my husband and a no-fuss meal.