Recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Lemon, Thyme, and Parmesan

Roasted Butternut Squash with Lemon, Thyme, and Parmesan
I loved this Roasted Butternut Squash with Lemon, Thyme, and Parmesan.

I recently shared tips for how to peel and cut up a butternut squash, and this recipe is the successful experiment I made with the squash. I learned to love butternut squash when my Grandmother Denny would roast it in foil, then mash with lots of butter, Vege-Sal, and pepper. Nowdays I love experimenting with ways to make butternut squash taste good without butter, and squash cubes roasted in olive oil are tasty no matter what seasonings you add. This version, roasted with lemon juice and thyme and then tossed with just the tiniest amount of finely grated parmesan, was so good that after I took these photos, I ate most of it with my fingers while the photos downloaded!

Click to continue reading