Tomato/Avocado/Mozza Salad

I love the fresh buttery flavor of avocados, but really only ever use them when I want to make guacamole. A couple weeks ago when I was buying some avocados, I was able to find a whole bag of them for cheaper than 2 individual ones. I brought them home and have since been wondering what to do with the extras that I didn't make guacamole with. Since I also had a bunch of fresh tomatoes I came up with this salad. The fresh flavors were perfect for my Grilled Beef Skewers.


Recipe inspired by Sugarmagnolia @ Recipezaar

____________________________________________________________________

Serves 4

1 ripe avocado, diced
1 tomato, deseeded and diced
1/3 cup cucumber, diced
1/3 cup mozzarella, diced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

Cut the avocado in half around the pit. Twist and separate into two halves. Take a small paring knife and score the flesh down to the skin lengthwise, and then crosswise. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a serving bowl and it should come out of the skin in a nice dice. Do the same to other half.

Cut off the top of the tomato where the vine came from. Slice in half horizontally, and over the sink squish out the juicy seeds, leaving the tomato flesh. Slice into rings and then dice and add to the bowl.

Peel and chop the cucumber into same sized dice as the other ingredients and add to the bowl. Slice and then dice the mozzarella and add to the bowl as well. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl being sure to catch the seeds (or use 1 1/2 tbsp of Real Lemon juice). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Click here for printable version of Tomato/Avocado/Mozza Salad
____________________________________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
I was really happy with how this salad turned out. The flavors were perfectly paired with the Grilled Beef Skewers; we enjoyed it by scooping the salad inside the pita. It very much reminded me of Greek salad with the sharp tang of the lemon. The mozzarella is a great addition and adds a bit of creamy saltiness. I will make this salad again.