Roasted Asparagus


Roasted Asparagus...This dish is very simple to make. I like to make it in my toaster oven...but, I am sure it works just as well in the oven. I like to add some zip and color to the dish by sprinkling some chile flakes. Hope you enjoy...

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of asparagus (ends either broken off or peeled)
  • 2-3 garlic cloves minced
  • 2-3 TBS olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • a sprinkle of chile flakes (optional)
Directions:
1. Wash asparagus and pat dry.
2. Peel and mince garlic.
3. Place asparagus in pan in a single layer.

4. Drizzle oil, and add minced garlic salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with some chile flakes if you like.

5. Bake in a preheated oven at 375-400 deg F.( I usually do it at 450 deg in the toaster oven but, I think you need to adjust it on the regular oven) for 15 minutes or until nicely roasted. You can turn the asparagus towards the end to roast evenly. Serve warm.