Meal Plan 52 - Few Ingredients, Fantastic Results



Click here to get a printable version of this week's meal plan and recipes

Grocery List:
The grocery list is color coordinated by meal so you can easily pick and choose which meals you would like to make. Either print and use the grocery list as is and make all the meals I have planned, or easily cross off the meals and corresponding ingredients you would rather not make.


Hey Meal Planners!  Another exciting week of meals, another chance for fabulous food on the table.  Are you enjoying your meal planning?  Are you liking the meals you are making each week?  What's the biggest deterrent from following your meal plan?  I found in the last year or so, that a meal would repeatedly not get made and bumped to the next week, and the next week's meal plan because the recipe had too many ingredients and too many steps.  I didn't feel like going through all the fuss....I just wanted simplicity.  It took me a while to realize my recipe shift!  I always thought food had to be full of ingredients and spices to be flavorful.  This week I wanted to plan a whole week of meals that don't have a ton of ingredients that proves that simple can still be flavorful.


Day 1: Sausage, Lentil and Barley Soup with Cheddar Biscuits
This is our family's new favorite soup.  It may not be pretty, but it's easy and with a handful of ingredients SOOO tasty!  These cheddar biscuits are also totally fail proof and a fantastic accompaniment (I would leave out the herbs).  If you think homemade biscuits from scratch are too time consuming or difficult just wait till you try these...you will be proved wrong!



Mmmmm, freakin' love these sesame noodles!  With crunchy chicken fingers, this should be a totally family pleasing meal.




Day 3: Chicken Oreganato with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
This chicken is one of my favorites!  All it takes is some lemon juice, olive oil and oregano to make crispy, juicy, flavorful chicken.  I toss a pan of potatoes in next to the chicken with my favorite seasonings and supper is done in no time.


Day 4: Hoisin Glazed Salmon with Rice and Sauteed Bok Choy
This salmon is super fast and so yummy.  




Day 5: Chorizo and Tomato Frittata with Arugula Salad Drizzled with Lemon and Olive Oil
Chorizo has big flavor, so you don't need much else to make this awesome frittata.



For more great meal plans, check out my complete list of meal plans.