Recipe for Thai-Style Spicy Cabbage Slaw with Mint and Cilantro

Even in the winter when you have to buy the mint, this Thai-Style Cabbage Slaw is worth the splurge!

Mint is something I have in abundance in the summer, and it's so prolific that I'm glad I have a garden bed divided into thirds so the mint is contained.  Maybe it's because I have so much free mint in the summer, but I have a hard time buying mint at the grocery store, and I saved this recipe for Thai-Style Cabbage Slaw months ago, thinking I would try it in the summer when I had mint begging to be used.  Then every time I looked through recipes I had saved, this one was calling to me, until finally I paid a ridiculous price for mint at the store and tried it.  This was another of those recipes where Jake and I were absolutely raving the entire time we devoured four servings of this (and we had eaten lunch about 30 minutes earlier!)  If you like Thai flavors, I'm guessing this salad might become one of your year-round favorites, even if you have to remember to buy mint!

Click to continue reading