Meal Plan 53 - The Last of Winter Comforts



Click here to get a printable version of this week's meal plan and recipes

Grocery List:
The grocery list is color coordinated by meal so you can easily pick and choose which meals you would like to make. Either print and use the grocery list as is and make all the meals I have planned, or easily cross off the meals and corresponding ingredients you would rather not make.



I'm totally curious:  Do you plan your meals around the weather?  Your cravings?  What's in season?  What you need to use up in your freezer/pantry? Your kids pickiness?

I tend to plan my meals using all of those tactics (except for my kids; I don't let them dictate what we're eating.  They just have to deal with it :)  This time I kind of was leaning towards the seasons, as we've had such a mild winter and can you believe it's almost spring?  Today it started snowing these picturesque big snowflakes, gentle and steady, littering the trees and roof tops.  It's supposed to continue all week, so I'm jumping on the winter food wagon before Spring creeps in and I'm craving salads and fresh, light flavors.  I'm hunkering down with a cozy blanket and some cozy meals.


Day 1: Ginger Maple Glazed Chicken and Rice with Peas
This chicken is sweet and sticky and goes great with rice.


Day 2: Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Carrots/Green Beans
Throw this roast into the crock pot in the morning and come home to a delicious meal.  Save the au jus from the roast, to make a delicious soup the next day.



Day 3: Beef Barley Soup and Buns
I loved the juices from the slow cooker pot roast so much I had to turn them into a soup.  I love me a good beef and barley soup.




Day 4: Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken & Pasta
This pasta is creamy and comforting, yet bright with the hit of lemon and pesto.



Day 5: Roasted Garlic and Acorn Squash Soup and Mixed Greens with Balsamic Dressing
Most of the time spent on this soup is hands-off time while the garlic and acorn squash roast in the oven. Then you puree everything in a blender with cream and chicken stock and your soup is done.  Super easy!


For more great meal plans, check out my complete list of meal plans.