Recipe for Pan-Fried Asparagus Tips with Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest

pan-fried asparagus
This simple and amazingly delicious recipe for Pan-Fried Asparagus Tips has only 3 ingredients!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites. This recipe for lemony pan-fried asparagus tips is something I make over and over.)

Every spring I look forward to the arrival of low-priced asparagus in the grocery store. I love asparagus and I'm definitely a convert to the "less is more" approach when it comes to cooking it. I've tried a lot of good asparagus recipes, but I'm not sure any of them can beat this simple pan-fried asparagus with only three ingredients: asparagus, olive oil, and a lemon. To make it even better, I like to use just the asparagus tips for this recipe, and save the thicker parts of the asparagus stalk to cook using a different method. If that doesn't work for you, cook the thicker parts of the asparagus stalks for a couple of minutes before you add the tips.

Click to continue reading