Recipe for Asian Lettuce Wraps (or Cups) with Pork, Napa Cabbage, and Red Bell Pepper

Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Lettuce Cups with Pork, Napa Cabbage, and Red Bell Pepper were really a treat.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  These Asian Lettuce Wraps with Pork, Napa Cabbage, and Red Bell Peppers are something I've made over and over when I'm doing Phase One.)

Tonight for dinner I'm looking forward to eating leftovers from these lettuce wraps for the second time, and if you saw how much food accumulates in my fridge you'd realize that means these lettuce wraps are really good!  We're doing Phase One Recipes for the month of January, and I think flavorful lettuce wraps are really a treat for Phase One.  This recipe was adapted from The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook, and the recipe was for lettuce rolls, but when I couldn't get the lettuce to roll up very well I switched gears and decided to make them lettuce wraps.  If you like the idea of lettuce cups or lettuce wraps for phase one (or any time you want a healthy meal without many carbs) there are some other good ideas after the recipe.

Click to continue reading