Homemade Play Dough

CSC_1055

I found this recipe and since I had all the ingredients I decided to try it. Boy am I glad I did! It was so easy and a perfect recipe for the kiddos to help on. They had a great time pouring ingredients, stirring and picking out the color they wanted their dough to be. It’s so much better than store bought play dough that I’m POSITIVE I will NEVER buy play dough again! It’s a lot more soft and pliable than store bought also. Definitely try it and include your kids!

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
1 T vegetable oil
2 t cream of tarter
Food Coloring (regular food coloring, or coloring gels)
Sparkles (If you wanna be a fun mom!)

Pour all ingredients into a saucepan. Stir until everything is mixed well and mostly clump free. Heat over MEDIUM heat. Stir. Don’t EVER stop stirring. After a few minutes it will start to clump up. Stir and stir some more until the dough clumps into a large ball. Remove from heat and dump onto cold counter. Knead by hand until a smooth texture is formed.

Once cooled, it’s ready to play! This took me about 5-10 minutes. I stored mine in empty Play Dough containers that I had left over from dried out Play Dough. You can also use the plastic baby food containers (either Gerber or Parents Choice.) Or you can just store them in a good ole fashioned sandwich bag. This would make such awesome party favors! Enjoy playing!

*From kristanlynn.com


Pin It