Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos with Lime

Use your slow cooker to make the filling for these Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos with Lime.

Long before I had a new slow cooker site, I was a fan of using the slow cooker even for short cooking times if I had something to do and didn't want to have to watch the food.  The filling for these Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos could have been cooked in a pan on the stove, but they cooked perfectly in the slow cooker while I was out of the house for a few hours, and when I got home dinner was ready.  I used low-carb flour tortillas to make burritos, but you could use whole wheat tortillas as well.  The spices and lime juice that I added to the sweet potato and black bean mixture were what made these burritos delicious, and I served them with more lime to squeeze on at the table, plus a generous shake of Green Tabasco Sauce.

Click to continue reading