Lentil Soup Recipe with Ground Beef and Brown Rice

An easy and tasty soup made from ground beef, lentils, and brown rice.

Lentil Soup Recipe with Ground Beef and Brown Rice from KalynsKitchen.com

(This post was updated with step-by-step photos and better photos of the finished soup in March 2012; the recipe was first posted in 2007.)   I originally made this soup on a day I was too sick to go the store, and I don't think there's anything that tastes as good or as comforting as soup when it's cold outside. The weather in Utah has been so mild this year that we've only had a few days that were soup weather, but on one of those days I made this soup and enjoyed it that night for dinner.  I have a few containers in the freezer now for those snowy days I'm sure are still going to come.   I did add some balsamic vinegar to the finished soup this time, and I loved the way it perked up the flavor so I'm updating the recipe to add that.

Click to continue reading