Nick's Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Black Bean Salsa

Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Black Bean Salsa
(Dedicated to the memory of Nicholas Rhodes 7/3/26 - 3/21/12)
(Updated March 2012:  When I started my blog in 2005, one of the first people who shared a recipe with me was Nick Rhodes, the father of my good friend Mary.  Nick passed away suddenly this week at the age of 85.  Nick was still active and very involved in life, and he will be greatly missed.)

When my friend Mary told me her Dad was going to send me a recipe for the blog, I was sure it would be good. After all, Nick was a great cook; I had tasted his Pastitsio at Christmas, and it was fabulous. When Nick sent me this recipe for Chipotle Grilled Shrimp with Black Bean Salsa, I couldn't wait to try it, and I wasn't disappointed. Nick told me he originally tasted this at the El Dorado Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and after a few tries at home he came up with this recipe.

Click to continue reading