Meal Plan Week 6

I don't know if you noticed, but I got a leeeeetle bit behind on posting my meal plans and recipes. I've been substitute teaching Kindergarten for the last 2 weeks and it's taking a toll on my pregnant body. I'm still cooking my meals as planned, I've just had trouble getting up the energy to then post them to this here blog. But I've managed to catch up enough so that I am only one week behind. That's good right? As long as I give you the meal plan with the grocery list and recipes it should be all good. So here is "This Week's" meal plan (which is actually last weeks meal plan). I had a sick baby and a sick husband as well last week, so it was all about "Comfort Foods".

Day 1: Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Carrots
This chicken is just as simple as Shake 'n' Bake, but 10 times tastier! I served with mashed potatoes and gravy (from a packet). I really love gravy from a packet...call me crazy, but it's delicious. The mashed potatoes, however, do have to be real. Non of that instant stuff.

Day 2: Shrimp Stir-Fry over Rice
I had about 1/3 lb of shrimp in my freezer that I wasn't sure what to do with. I turned it into a stir-fry by stir frying our favorite veggies with garlic and ginger, adding the shrimp and then adding a bottle of our favorite stir-fry sauce. Simple no-fuss, no-muss. Make extra rice for Tuesday night's fried rice.

Day 3: Beef and Broccoli with Fried Rice
Mmm...this is a killer beef and broccoli recipe. My husband couldn't wait to eat it.

Day 4: Dad’s Famous Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Corn
This is just as the title describes: My Dad's meatloaf recipe...that's famous. For being delicious. It ain't your run o' the mill meatloaf.

Day 5: Homemade Pizza and Salad
My first attempt at making homemade pizza dough...didn't turn out so well. If you use this meal plan, please buy yourself a pre-baked pizza crust, refrigerated pizza dough, or your favorite homemade pizza dough recipe....cuz this one ain't good.

Day 6: Chicken al Diavlo Penne
One of our favorite home-created pastas....recreated after a pasta restaurant in town where my husband took me after he proposed. This is definitely comfort food!

Day 7: Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
I've been working all week teaching Kindergarten in the mornings and this day I am working all day at my Optical Retail store. A full day of work and I don't get home until 6:30pm. Bring on the crockpot.