Meal Plan Week 8

I swear the baby was craving Asian food this week! I couldn't seem to bring myself to plan any meat and potatoes kind of meals, or pasta. The baby wanted Asian flavors with rice and noodles so what the baby wants the baby gets (or more accurately, what I want is what I get :) At least my husband LOVES Asian food, as does our toddler.

Day 1: Szechuan Chicken Wraps
These were an idea I had. There is a chain restaurant in Canada that sells amazing wraps called "Bad Ass Jacks". I love it, but rarely get to have it since we don't have one in our city. I decided to try making them at home.

Day 2: Ginger Maple Glazed Chicken with Japanese sticky rice and peas
How many ways can you cook chicken pieces? I swear I've tried them all, but this is another winner.

Day 3: Beef with Green Beans in Peanut Sauce over Vermicelli
One of our family's all-time favorite recipes.

Day 4: Won Ton Chicken Salad
Not the healthiest of salads, but it sure pleases my family (and my taste buds).

Day 5: Sesame-Crusted Fish with Japanese sticky rice and corn
A new recipe I'm trying out for fish. We always seem to have an abundance of white fish, so I try to keep my eyes peeled for new things to do with it.

Day 6: Slow Cooker Thai Curry
I like slow cooker meals aren't boring, so this one really caught my eye. After a long day at work, this will be so exciting to come home to.


Grocery List:
MEAT
2 chicken breasts
8 chicken legs
1 ½ lbs fish fillets
1 lb top round steak

PRODUCE
1 Carrot
Handful of bean sprouts
Few mushrooms
5 cloves garlic
Ginger
2 green onions
¾ lb green beans

BAKERY
Tortillas

FROZEN
1 ½ cup frozen corn
1 ½ cup frozen peas

DAIRY
4 eggs

CANNED GOODS
¾ cup oil
½ cup chicken broth

DRY GOODS
Thin Chinese egg noodles
1 1/3 cup flour
2 cups calrose rice
1 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
Vermicelli noodles
¼ cup roasted peanuts

SPICES, SEASONINGS, AND SAUCES
Szechuan sauce (or other favorite sauce)
½ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp cider vinegar
4 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry
¾ cup + 1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tsp sesame oil