Recipe for Barley Risotto with Mushrooms and Thyme

Barley RisottoSome people never think of using barley as anything other than a soup ingredient, but truly it's one of those whole grains we all should be eating more of. Over the last few years I've been using it more, and I've happily discovered I love barley! This recipe was adapted from The South Beach Diet Parties and Holidays Cookbook where they recommended serving it with beef tenderloin. However, I'd gladly dish up some of this on my plate for a Thanksgiving side dish, so I'm adding this recipe to my list of Thanksgiving Recipes. Check that list if you want to see some other Thanksgiving options for the South Beach Diet. And if barley for Thanksgiving is something that just wouldn't fly at your house, then try this recipe for another dinner where you want an earthy side dish that's full of flavor.

Click to continue reading