Recipe for Individual-Serving Meatloaf Balls with Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, and Peppers

Individual-Serving Meatloaf Balls with Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, and PeppersIf anyone is scratching their head over the name of this recipe, let me start by telling you how I came up with Meatloaf Balls. A while ago, I happened to see a site where a famous food personality (who shall not be named!) was touting the idea of meatloaf cooked in muffin tins. I loved the idea, which sounded perfect for any house where some family members want different ingredients in their meatloaf than others. I tried the meatloaf cooked in muffin tins, and (putting it as nicely as I can) it was horrible. All the fat from the meat collected in the bottom of the muffin tins, and the sides of the mini-meatloaves didn't brown. I still liked the idea of individual meatloaves though, so I tried again, making the meatloaf mixture into large balls that I flattened down slightly when I cooked them. Voila, meatloaf balls! And if you have kids in the family who won't eat red or green pepper, this recipe is a perfect one to divide into two variations to please the whole family.

Click to continue reading