Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese (with a grown-up twist)

Low Carb Macaroni and Cheese (with a grown-up twist)(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites October 2009) I first posted this recipe back in 2005, when I first heard of Dreamfield's Pasta, and that's what I used when I originally named this "Low Carb Macaroni and Cheese."  Since then I've heard that if Dreamfields if Dreamfields pasta is cooked for a long time or reheated it increases the glycemic index, so this pasta is probably not as low in carbs as I had hoped, and I'm taking the "low carb" off the recipe name.  However, I've been using Dreamfield's products for about five years now to make things like Shrimp and Macaroni Salad, Roasted Tomato Soup, and Vegetarian Lasagna and I'd probably still eat this once in a while as a treat.  If you're making this for the South Beach Diet you could use whole wheat macaroni, or use Dreamfields and limit the portion or save it for phase three.

Click to continue reading