Recipe for Spicy Red Lentil and Chickpea Stew (Paula's Moroccan Lentil Stew)

Spicy Red Lentil and Chickpea StewI'm a huge fan of all kinds of beans and legumes but two of my favorites are lentils and chickpeas, so when I got this recipe by e-mail from a reader named Paula B., from the second I read the recipe, there was never any doubt I was going to make it. Not only did it sound like a perfect combination of flavors, but I'd just gotten a big bag of red lentils from Whole Foods, so it seemed like an omen when the recipe arrived. Paula called the dish Moroccan Lentil Stew, though I'm not sure if it's really Moroccan, but it's aromatic and spicy with a blend of interesting ingredients that come together perfectly. Paula said she eats it with a dollop of sour cream (again, probably not Moroccan, but highly recommend it!) I ate mine over brown rice, and this was one of the best easy dinners I'd had for a long time.

Click to continue reading