When your Baby is Sick-Really Sick


This week we had a really tough time at our household. My little monkey got really sick. So sick that I ended up missing two and half days of work. I have been desperate to save my sick time for the upcoming baby (I have to use sick time to get paid while on leave) but he was super super sick and I just couldn't leave him. He was so sick this past Wednesday that his Dr. told us to take him the children's hospital. It may be the flu or may be a super virus, but regardless there was nothing they could do for him. So there I was up till all hours just hold him and rocking him in the chair wishing him to get better. Never have a felt so helpless, I can't imagine what I would do if he was really sick. It was a moment like this that made me realize just how great of a child I have and I couldn't wait to hear his laugh and giggle and see his smile again. Well now several days later my man is on the mend and is back to his old self, and the only person who is worse for wear is mommy and daddy.