Recipe for Wild Rice with Sausage and Mushrooms

Wild Rice with Sausage and Mushrooms(Updated October 2009) I'm a fan of wild rice, which is actually not rice at all, but the seed of a type of grass that grows in the U.S., Canada, and China. I've used it in dishes like Turkey and Wild Rice Soup, and it's often sold in a mix of Brown and Wild Rice. This recipe uses wild rice in a way that was different for me, where the wild rice is the main ingredient in the dish, with sausage mushrooms, and fresh thyme adding flavor. The recipe was called Thanksgiving Wild Rice on the Food Network site, where it included lots of butter that I switched for olive oil. This could certainly be served as a stuffing or side dish, but I could also enjoyed just eating a bowl of it for a quick lunch. I'm putting some of my leftovers in a 2-serving container in the freezer, and I'm guessing it will freeze well and taste great for lunch some day when I'm too busy to cook.

Click to continue reading