Recipe for Roasted Winter Squash and Sausage with Herbs

Recipe for Roasted Winter Squash and Sausage with Herbs found on KalynsKitchen.com
Winter Squash Roasted with Sausage and Herbs

Winter squash is one of those perfect vegetables that's easy to grow, nutritious, and versatile, and when it's roasted into caramelized goodness like the squash in this recipe, I think it's one of the best-tasting foods in the world. I never liked squash as a kid, but by my late twenties my Grandma Denny taught me to like butternut squash that she'd roast in a hot oven, then mash with lots of butter, salt, and pepper. That's a recipe you can't go wrong with, but the last few years I've been roasting squash with olive oil, and every version I've tried has been a winner, including this dish of squash roasted with Italian sausage and herbs.

Click to continue reading