Recipe for Almond and Parmesan Baked Tilapia

Baked Tilapia with an Almond-Parmesan Crust
This Baked Tilapia with an Almond-Parmesan Crust is easy and delicious.

(We're nearing the end of A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes, and I wanted to be sure to share this delicious way to cook Tilapia.  I could easily eat this once a week, even if I wasn't doing phase one!)

For six years this tasty recipe for Almond and Parmesan Baked Tilapia was stuck back in the recipe archives without a photo.  When I finally got around to cooking it for photos, I remembered how this recipe produced some of the the best-tasting Tilapia I'd ever had.  When I told my nephew Jake that we were going to cook Tilapia, he was polite but told me he didn't really like it, but when we ate some with the homemade tartar sauce, Jake was completely amazed at how good it was.   The almond meal and finely grated Parmesan makes a crispy coating on the fish that's also gluten-free and South Beach Diet friendly, and I'm betting this recipe will be a hit with just about anyone who tries it.

Click to continue reading