Recipe for Ground Chicken (or Turkey) and Chickpea Curry Stew with Yogurt and Cilantro

Chicken and Chickpea Curry Stew with Yogurt and Cilantro
A tasty Phase One stew with ground turkey!

(Things were going along smoothly for A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes, and then today I fell on the icy steps and broke my arm.  Ugh.  I'm going to try to corral my cooking assistant/nephew Jake to type posts for me, but if you don't see a post every day you'll know why!    For now, here's a tasty Phase One Stew with ground turkey and chickpeas.)

This flavorful stew with ground chicken or turkey, chickpeas, tomatoes, yogurt, and curry powder was one of those recipes that end up tasting a lot better than they look, and I thought this was a delicious quick dinner option. I spotted the recipe for Chicken Chickpea Curry Bowls on Everything Rachel Ray, but I skipped the rice and served it as a stew. I did change the preparation method a little, simmering the meat, chickpeas, tomatoes, and curry powder for a few minutes before I stirred in the yogurt.

Click to continue reading