Recipe for Mexican Baked Eggs with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Green Chiles, and Cilantro

Mexican Baked Eggs with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Green Chiles, and Cilantro
No one will think about dieting when you serve these Mexican Baked Eggs!

(Day two with a hard cast on my broken arm, and although I'm slow at doing everything I'm hoping I'll get better at typing within a few days so I can share some brand new recipes again.  Meanwhile, for A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes, here's one of my favorite Phase One breakfasts, first posted in 2009, and enjoyed many times since at my house!)

This dish started out as one of those recipe ideas that get stuck in my mind and simply don't go away until I've finally tried creating the recipe. For sure it was the Tuscan Baked Eggs I made last summer that got me thinking of eggs baked in tomato sauce but I have no idea what inspired me to try simmering the tomatoes with black beans and spicy green chiles. It turned out to be a keeper though (and not all my spontaneous recipes are a success, so I'm happy when they are!)

Click to continue reading