Slow Cooker Recipe for Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce
A craving for peanut butter led to this recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce.

(When I realized I had completely ignored National Peanut Butter Day, I decided to feature this Slow Cooker Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce for A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes, and we can just enjoy our peanut butter fixation a day later.  Yum, peanut butter!  Just don't eat nuts for a snack on the day you make this if you're seriously doing Phase One.)

It's true that I never liked peanut butter sandwiches when I was a kid (and still don't) but I love recipes using peanut butter, especially if the recipe has a spicy Asian twist to it.  A few weeks ago I had a pork sirloin roast I wanted to cook, I had a lot of work to do so I thought about using the slow cooker, and I was craving peanut butter.  That combination of circumstances led to this recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce.  I enjoyed a couple of slices of the roast pork for dinner, and the next day I diced up some of the leftover meat and ate it inside lettuce leaves, and I thought it was great both ways.

Click to continue reading